I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two since this birthday party picture was taken. One being, that even if you loose at hot potato don't cry until you are let back in the game! True Story. And also, there is no better way to spend your special day than surrounded by a bunch of your besties!
This year was a milestone year, and I've rounded up 7 Steal Worthy Party Must-Haves that made my day extra special!
2. Add a festive prop, like one of Flower Factory's Signature Selfie Frames for your guests to have little fun with during picture time.
3. Big Birthdays NEED a Big Cake! I always get mine from Le Gateau Bakeshop. This one with layers of rich chocolate cake filled with fresh raspberries and mascarpone cream, was truly EPIC!
4. A cheeky cake topper! I got two from Shop Tineke since I wasn't sure about including it in the photos since it would thwart my it's time to start lying about my age plans, but in the end I decided age ain't nothing but a number!
5. Such a bonus that La Pentola also had this amazing feature wall that we could take pictures in front of! It's Love Baby! Created by local graphic design artist Oliver Fletcher, the typography is the same style as the restaurants new branding, which celebrates a casual, cheeky and playful side of the restaurant. Art installations will be updated seasonally, showcasing Vancouver artists and giving guests a thought-provoking piece to enjoy.
7. Friends who take the lead! Every year I plan an amazing party...in my own mind! This year these gorgeous ladies made it happen in real life! Thank you Chella Levesque and Katie Schaeffers!
7. A professional photographer! Please, spare your friends the bad angles and bad lighting! Having a professional capture the moments and your friends looking amazing is one of the best investments you can make for your party. I was so happy to have Samineh from Belluxe Photography attend for the early portion of the evening for photos!
Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate!
And to the Hornby Street Crew- Vivian from W Lash, Kam from Vancouver MediSpa, Denise from Salon Origins and Maryam Collahi were Girl Bossing but came after photos just in time for the shenanigans! Be sure to click through everyones links and check out some of the city's finest female entrepreneurs!
I think it's safe to say a good a time was had by all and I can't wait to celebrate more milestones with this group of lovelies!